Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Small Tips and Tricks

Go down 
+4
huskay
slipmatsoldat
[FW]thelonewolf
Jobbe - It was fun.
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jobbe - It was fun.

Small Tips and Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:58 am

Repost of old forum:

I've decided to make a thread where you can post all of your little tips and tricks that arn't useful enough to have their own thread.

I will start:

Teleporter Fun: Most of you guys might prob know this but the strogg infiltrator can get to a lot of "secret places" with the teleporter, I don't want to write them all down so watch this clip instead.

3rd eye camera trick:
To throw the GDF covert ops really far throw it straight up into the air and walk a little bit forward so it lands on your head, pull out your knife and hit the 3rd eye with it, now you 3rd will fly a long way, useful when taking out Cyclops or Tormentor.

Killing deployables with engi (LoneWolf): Engies throw mines at AVTs/AITs (do not arm them) and then nade it. KABOOM. megadamage!

TACTIC (TheoDeo): if your alone in a room and you see an agressor/soldier is running towards the objective and is going to plant, wait till hes actually at the objective and trying to plant before you shoot him, because hes obviously very vunerable at that point, and if you shoot to early you might miss and he might turn around and kill you! pretty obvious really but thats what this forum is for right? crappy little tips that dont deserve there own thread

Strogg Stroyent trick!: This is very important, and you should all use this trick, it can be vital to the game. When you are on Strogg you have the ability to transfer stoyent (ammo and health). If you have full ammo and no health left, just hit the - button and you will see your health bar increase. To transfer healt to ammo use the + key, but i rarely use that. When you are giving stroyent from a technician the cells also provide ammo. So be sure to transfer stroyent otherwise half of the cell will be wasted.

Unlock fps: Stuff you need very much change your max fps... To do that type: "seta com_unlock_max FPS 120" . To see your fps (frames per second) type this in console: "seta com_showfps 1", see a guide here . Also a tip play without draw gun, it seems very wierd in the first place but you will get used to it...

Lonewolf's backstabbing tactic © : if you're ever a cov ops/infiltrator your best friends are your radar and patience.

yep youve all seen me go on my backstab sprees and you can see pretty well how i use my cunning logic to get you all (apart from this one time where Arm threw a grenade and i ran straight into it).

im always constantly looking at my radar, so i know how many ppl there are just so i don't go all suicidal.

another little tip against aggressors/soldiers when planting BACKSTAB them, they are very vulnerable u know

Tactical shield: only the strogg oppressor can deploy a tactical shield.
The shield is useful during construct or destroy objectives,since you can plant it near the friendly aggressor or constructor to protect them from distant gdf shots.

the tactical shield can also be stuck on a vehicles.

Dropping the tactical shield to screen technicians in the field is also effective , as they can use the cover to create spawn host or revive a fallen strogg, while distant gdf can do little to harm them.

The tactical shield is also very helpful for disabling gdf turrets by block their line of sight, and it can help to provide cover on a ground approach to an area that has little or no real cover. it can protect you to from a gdf hammer launch!!!!

the tactical shield gain a level 2 promotion it can take now 600 damage.

Last edited by Jobbe on Sat May 10, 2008 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[FW]thelonewolf
[FW]thelonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyTue May 06, 2008 3:51 pm

cheers lol u got a copyright symbol on my tactic, hehe! *big smile!*
Back to top Go down
http://techwolf-uk.livejournal.com
Jobbe - It was fun.

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyWed May 07, 2008 6:42 am

thelonewolf wrote:
cheers lol u got a copyright symbol on my tactic, hehe! *big smile!*

Very Happy Hoped you would notice that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slipmatsoldat
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: couple of tips   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyWed May 07, 2008 5:39 pm

This one is a little obvious but is great when you pull it off. Plant an HE charge on a husky or whatever, and drive it off to deployables, park it next to them, and you get a deployable kill, if your lucky plant them in clusters of deployables and at least disable multiples. When you get good at timing this you can actually sneak up on cyclops or w/e and get easy kills. Also another bonus to doing this is by the time you get to their deployables, you are usually able to plant another HE charge- doubling your deployable killing power.

Something i don't see many people do, when you run out of ammo and need to get to cover, pull your knife out and sprint/jump to w/e you can find, youd be suprised how many more times you can escape death.

And to all the gdf soldiers, the GPMG is one of the most underused weapons of destruction. Fire it scoped, all of the time. Its very accurate and does very high damage. Its also very good against vehicles, about half a clip or less takes down a tormentor, and it shreds hogs. With a well timed grenade to help it does a damn good job against desecrators. on top of all this with the heavy weapon ammo bonus you get 500 rounds of ammo- i think ive ran out of ammo once or twice.

And something I don't see many people do is shooting vehicles. Even a couple of assault rifles/lacerators cause A LOT of problems for just about anything- and will take flyers down very quickly.

if i can think of any more ill post em
Back to top Go down
[FW]thelonewolf
[FW]thelonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyThu May 08, 2008 10:33 am

ive got a video of wot soldat was saying about HE charges:

and yeh i agree, the GPMG is very underused. its very good, but only in aimed mode.
the reason i dont generally shoot at vehicles is generally becasue it wastes ur ammo when you get close to the frontlines and infantry. and then ur sorta screwed (oh well thank goodness for the respawn button! lol! )
Back to top Go down
huskay
huskay

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyFri May 09, 2008 12:14 am

this is of sewer, people cant realy reach.

Back to top Go down
huskay
huskay

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyFri May 09, 2008 12:17 am

this is of area 22, to get on the boxes...

sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Edit: fixed the youtube link

//Jobbe
Back to top Go down
Animatixxking
.:SoG:. Member

PostSubject: The power of the tactical shield   Small Tips and Tricks EmptySat May 10, 2008 1:28 am

only the strogg oppressor can deploy a tactical shield.
The shield is useful during construct or destroy objectives,since you can plant it near the friendly aggressor or constructor to protect them from distant gdf shots.

the tactical shield can also be stuck on a vehicles.

Dropping the tactical shield to screen technicians in the field is also effective , as they can use the cover to create spawn host or revive a fallen strogg, while distant gdf can do little to harm them.

The tactical shield is also very helpful for disabling gdf turrets by block their line of sight, and it can help to provide cover on a ground approach to an area that has little or no real cover. it can protect you to from a gdf hammer launch!!!!

the tactical shield gain a level 2 promotion it can take now 600 damage

sorry about my english

Animatixx
Back to top Go down
[FW]thelonewolf
[FW]thelonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptySat May 10, 2008 9:04 am

another crappy tip, try to conserve ammo (if GDF). you'd be a bit screwed if you only had your knife and the emy is attecking
Back to top Go down
huskay
huskay

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:06 pm

i just did this on wet and wild ect...

get 2 field ops on sewer, one goes on my special hill, one goes and takes away anthing tht could be there still like an AIT

then the guy on the hill fires a hammer and gets like 10 killed =]

then you win 1st obj =] bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Jobbe - It was fun.

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:08 pm

huskay wrote:
i just did this on wet and wild ect...

get 2 field ops on sewer, one goes on my special hill, one goes and takes away anthing tht could be there still like an AIT

then the guy on the hill fires a hammer and gets like 10 killed =]

then you win 1st obj =] bounce bounce
or you could just fire the hammer from somewhere else, or call in a vampire Razz
Back to top Go down
[FW]thelonewolf
[FW]thelonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:22 pm

another one, this one takes practice:

//fixed youtube link, Jobbe
Back to top Go down
[FW]thelonewolf
[FW]thelonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyTue May 20, 2008 1:26 pm

a performance tip, in task manager, right click the ETQW program and click "go to process", it should be hihlighted in a different list now. Right click on it and click set priority and set it to "above normal" now most (or more) of the CPU usage will be dedicated to the pro Very Happy gram
Back to top Go down
Jobbe - It was fun.

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyTue May 20, 2008 1:52 pm

thelonewolf wrote:
a performance tip, in task manager, right click the ETQW program and click "go to process", it should be hihlighted in a different list now. Right click on it and click set priority and set it to "above normal" now most (or more) of the CPU usage will be dedicated to the pro Very Happy gram
nice i already have 120 fps but im gonna use it anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zilka
Administrator
Administrator
zilka

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyTue May 20, 2008 1:57 pm

Jobbe wrote:
thelonewolf wrote:
nice i already have 120 fps but im gonna use it anyway Very Happy

where is the task manager
Back to top Go down
https://sonsofguns.forumakers.com
[FW]thelonewolf
[FW]thelonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyTue May 20, 2008 4:06 pm

for windows XP its ctrl-alt-delete

dunno wot it is for vista...
Back to top Go down
zilka
Administrator
Administrator
zilka

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyTue May 20, 2008 4:52 pm

thelonewolf wrote:
another one, this one takes practice:

//fixed youtube link, Jobbe

THat is fake lol do you really think that u can hit it by the way there is a anti-artillery ...
Back to top Go down
https://sonsofguns.forumakers.com
[FW]thelonewolf
[FW]thelonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyTue May 20, 2008 5:13 pm

zilka wrote:

THat is fake lol do you really think that u can hit it by the way there is a anti-artillery ...

no this is real (ive done it), think, this is a GDF HAMMER, the teams own AIT wouldnt take one of its own artillery down would it?
ill have to show you this sometime its pretty cool! :3
Back to top Go down
[FW]thelonewolf
[FW]thelonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyWed May 21, 2008 3:51 pm

heres one of me destroying a Hammer:

and one showing tactical shield strength:

Back to top Go down
Jobbe - It was fun.

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyWed May 21, 2008 3:54 pm

@Wolf what did you use to edit video? sony vegas?
Back to top Go down
[FW]thelonewolf
[FW]thelonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyWed May 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Jobbe wrote:

no no, i just used good ol' Windows Movie Maker Exclamation

why, did i edit it good?
Back to top Go down
Jobbe - It was fun.

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyWed May 21, 2008 4:45 pm

thelonewolf wrote:
Jobbe wrote:

no no, i just used good ol' Windows Movie Maker Exclamation

why, did i edit it good?
yea better than usual Razz
Back to top Go down
[FW]thelonewolf
[FW]thelonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:22 pm

im gonna make videos of these tips and trick so watch my youtube channel for updates bounce
Back to top Go down
Golden_Guns
Golden_Guns

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyMon May 26, 2008 3:57 am

Sorry bout making a new forum and Heres the Web
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UcvtHFeo5o
Back to top Go down
Egsoren

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks EmptyTue May 27, 2008 9:30 am

nice trix everyone!
here is another one:
When you are on GDF (or strogg) you deploy a hammer lancher (DMC for strogg) then target your own spawn (or somewere else) and when it launched join spectators and then you get fraggs by killing your own teammates. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small Tips and Tricks   Small Tips and Tricks Empty

Back to top Go down

Small Tips and Tricks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next